Greengill is a unique collection of self-catering cottages, a campsite, and a bunk barn on the edge of Morland, a pretty village in Cumbria’s lovely Eden Valley.
Each can be rented separately or mixed and matched by groups of family or friends.
Morland, seven miles south east of Penrith, makes a central touring base for the Lakes, the Pennines, the Yorkshire Dales, Hadrian’s Wall and the Solway Firth. Ullswater is 10 miles or 20 minutes away. The Eden Valley is a cyclist’s paradise with rolling hills and splendid views. Morland is easily accessible from the M6 in a quiet and beautiful location. It has the Mill Yard Cafe, also open weekend evenings, and a pub, the Crown Inn.
- The Bower House a single storey studio cottage for two featuring a huge picture window and private terrace with a panoramic view of the Pennines. Separate kitchen, bathroom and utility room
- Jubilee Cottage a single storey holiday cottage for 2 plus up to 2 children. One bedroom with king size bed, (or two singles) plus sofa bed in living room. French windows onto long sandstone terrace, 30ft x 10ft (9 × 3m), with stunning view of Cross Fell, highest of the Pennine range
- Greengill House a traditional but modernised farmhouse with a stunning new glass walled living room, sleeping six
- Greengill Bunk Barn. Spacious and comfortable bunk barn with a big beamed room with sofas, arm chairs and a pool table, ideal for parties. The barn sleeps 16 in two bunk rooms of 8. Well equipped kitchen and dining room. Three showers and three loos. Great for cycling and walking clubs, groups of friends, extended families to spend time together and enjoy the Lakes and Eden Valley on the doorstep. Combine the barn with the campsite and the cottages to create accommodation to suit every taste and age. Bring your own food, drink and music.
- Greengill Campsite a certificated location of the Camping and Caravanning Club allowing a small number of campers and caravans plus tents. Electric hook ups. Shower and loo building plus access to Bunk Barn showers and loos at busy times. Open April to October